Things To Do
Immerse yourself in nature...
Viewing our world differently. Finding ways to contribute to our communities and
our families. It’s all possible... Gather your family and friends and join us at the
Robert L. Bowles Nature Centre to explore, learn and reconnect with nature!
Here are some things you and your family can do in nature at the Centre;
• Snowshoe into the heart of a wetland
• Join our team for the official count for butterflies and dragonflies
(no experience necessary)
• Take a leisurely hike on the trails
• Take one of our environmental classes. Learn about the exquisite ephemeral flowers found only on Alvars or learn how
to create a pollinating garden using native plants.
• Learn about mushrooms, frogs, birds, and butterflies. The list goes on.
• Experience a Bush Breathing session
• Sit quietly and enjoy our wildlife observation viewing areas. You just may see a moose, a deer, turtles, frogs or even a porcupine.
These are all great ways to view your world in a new way by connecting with and understanding nature.
If you have a special event coming up and you want to be outdoors we’ll customize the day for you.
Educational workshops are offered each season during the week and on weekends for your convenience. Attend one of these events and you will learn how you can make a difference in helping your world be a healthier and exceptional place to live.
Get your daily dose of the outdoors, here at the Centre and feel the benefits from the healing power of nature.
Nature is waiting for you!
“Bowles Nature Centre is a rather special place. The peace and tranquility, which is so tangible on this land, provide such fertile ground for some amazing healing work to take place.”
— Kerstin Kramer (www.KitchenerHealer.com)